The Mongoose Status 2.2 is the good choice for women looking for the best mountain bike under 1000 dollar that quenches their thirst for an outdoor adventure yet cool enough to take on ordinary, day to day biking. Packed with a lot of features that ensures performance and safety, this one is truly a great punch.
Benefits of Using
Sophisticated and Stylish
Designed for women, the attractive matte purple color implies a modern feminine touch making the bike so “girly” yet so audacious and bold at the same time.
Reliable and Quick Shifting
Built with Shimano TZ-30, the rear derailleur delivers a 21-speed mechanism that will obey any woman’s desire for mountain biking whether it’s a simple hill maneuver or cross country biking. For a dependable and fast shifting, the Mongoose Status 2.2 is equipped with SRAM twist shifters that showcases ground-breaking agility that can be at par with your every move.
Ground-breaking Suspension Frame
Fundamentally, a bike must be light weight yet strong enough to beat rough roads. Creators of this bike have found a way to balance weight and sturdiness by shaping this bike with a silver metallic element known for being solid and light – aluminum.
By using such element, the weight of the bike reduces up to 300 percent less than the weight if steel frame is used.
Thanks to its dual suspension fork, bumpy roads will seem much less bumpy now. How it works? Dual suspension fork means that suspension forks are present both in the front and rear part of the bike.
They work with collaboration by up and down motion. For instance, if the front rear faces a sudden up motion, the rear fork compliments that by moving down. And when times when the rear faces an up-bump, the front rear also goes down.
Dual, also known as full suspension fork work together to absorb and compress reactive forces from the 26 inch wheels, thus delivering a balanced impact on bumps and holes along the way. As a result, you will have a more graceful ride, especially on unpaved trails.
Alloy is primarily made by combining magnesium, aluminum, and other elements in small percentage. Mongoose Women’s Status 2.2 Full Suspension Bicycle (26-Inch Wheels) possesses alloy as the only component for its wheels. Compared to steel, alloy is three times less heavy making it a more suitable material for wheels.
Equipped with V-brakes, also known as linear pull brakes, this Mongoose bike can provide you the safety you deserve by braking right at the moment when you want it to.
- Great design with cool color. Really built for women looking for excitement.
- Customer Service Support from Mongoose is satisfactory as many customers would agree.
- The price is simply right. With only about $200, you get yourself the best bike that price range could buy.
- Packed with quality and decent components.
- Fast and free shipment.
- It’s not fully assembled when it arrives. You have to rely on the manual instructions first for a DIY assembly job, or go to the nearest bike shop and have them assemble it for you.
- Take note of the brakes as they are extremely loose and need adjustment before finally using the bike.
Experience When Using This Product
My girlfriend used this bike in one of her adventure trips together with her other friends. Her experience was simply priceless and truly amazing! She said her friends envy her ride because she has the coolest bike in the team. The combination of the design and color is so attractive that everyone wants to borrow and take a try. She will use this bike again on another adventure, but this time with me. Looking forward to a great escapade!
Using and Maintenance Tips
Here are some simple yet very useful tips on how to take care of your mountain bike.
- Always inspect the brakes before officially using the bike and every after use.
- Clean the bike, not extensively, but often.
- Inspect the drivetrain.
- Check both of your wheels and tires in a regular basis.
- Add lubricant to your chain and other drivetrain components.
- Inspect your cables.
The Mongoose Women’s Status 2.2 Full Suspension Bicycle (26-Inch Wheels) is simply the best bike for women today. With a lot of promising features and a considerable price, what else could you ask for?