The Mongoose Impasse full suspension bikes are known in the market as one of the cheapest mountain bikes out there. The dual full suspension bike that has 29 inch wheels is now being sold from $300 and below.
It has aluminum frame, Shimano 21 speed rear derailleur and both disc brakes and wheels are made from alloy. Although it’s made up of aluminum frame, it can be a bit heavy for the rider with almost 42 pounds of weight.
Although this bike only costs $300 or less, it’s installed with a lot of good quality features that could surely catch the attention of any beginners in biking. The Mongoose Impasse 29 has a couple of features that it is most proud of, these are:
- Aluminum Steel Frame – This type of frame makes the Mongoose full suspension bike easier to maneuver and lighter to move around.
- Shimano 21-speed rear derailleur – Makes it easier for the rider to shift gears according to the terrain.
- Element front suspension fork – Makes the ride go smoother even with bumps on the terrain.
- Alloy disc brakes – It ensures that both front and rear brake system will stop when the rider needs it the most.
- Quick release of the front alloy wheels
Advantages and Disadvantages
- Adjustability of the shock rear suspension depending on the style of the rider
- Smoothens terrains because of both suspension system
- Brakes are reliable for a quick stop even in harsh conditions
- Seat is comfortable but could be changed to a gel replacement for additional comfort
- Unclear manual and lack general information for the bikers to use
- There’s no other color for the bike except for silver
- Packaging lacks professionalism and tools inside it may be bent or damaged at times
- Kickstand and brakes may be small to some people
- There’s no water holder
Customers’ Feedback About the Bike
There had been a lot of issues on the Mongoose Impasse full suspension 29er. According to other review sites, this particular bike has only received 3 to 4 stars out of a perfect 5. It received mixed opinions and feedbacks from a lot of both satisfied and dissatisfied customers.
Some bikers who have bought this Mongoose Impasse 29, it would be perfect for those people who are just beginning their practice in the mountain biking area. And it should not be bought or even be entertained by amateur, semi-pro and professional bikers because it will only be a one-time ride.
For all the features of the Mongoose full suspension mountain bike, it is considered good quality for the price that would be paid. But some customers said that because of this non-high quality parts, the bike won’t be able to last longer especially if it used it rough terrains.
The Mongoose bike reviews also shows that the bike needs professional tuning before it can be used. Some customers also say that the manufacturer should have put longer frames because there are circumstances that the pedals may hit the front wheels.
How to Maintain the Mountain Bike?
When making sure that your best full suspension bike is performing at its best, you should always inspect all its features and tools. Here are a couple of tips for you to easily maintain your bike:
- After using your full suspension mountain bikes, you should always clean them. Make sure that there are no remaining muds or dusts that could lead to rust in the end.
- Always inspect the functionality of your brakes. This is very important because a one-second stop could save your life.
- Examine your wheels if they are stable. If some wobbling occurs, make sure to tighten the rims.
- Inspect your chains, derailleur, pedals and chain ring. Make sure that everything is working properly.
- Check the wires and cables if everything is attached perfectly.
- Never forget to add lubricants on your chain to make them run smoothly.
Like the other suggestions of the bikers who have bought this Mongoose Impasse 29, it is only advised that it should only be used by beginners. Full suspension mountain bikes should be used with caution, proper training and tuning.
To access the best full suspension bike out of this Mongoose bike; be sure that you read carefully all the instruction from the manual. Also, read more reviews from recent customers that have tried using this product.
Some packaging may scratch or even damage some parts of the bike, remember to contact the seller immediately to solve any problem.