Before we start with the review of Giordano RS700 Hybrid Bike, it only makes sense to briefly explain, at the outset, as to what a ‘hybrid’ bike is, so readers can assess and decide (or not) whether this is the right choice for them (or their loved ones, if it is meant to be a gift).
A hybrid (as the name suggests) is a general-purpose bike that is meant to cater to a diversified terrain (for example: flat roads, touring and mountain) and applications.
Whether you are a routine cyclist who rides one to work every day, an athlete who prefers a more sophisticated and detailed one, or someone who likes to use it for recreational purposes, there is meant to be a bicycle for every person and every situation. Alternatively, a hybrid bike can combine all these different types into one piece of vehicle.
Imagine going through different phases of your life on a single bike which you initially bought for recreational purposes, then came in handy as a means for commuting to work and staying fit and eventually you decided to use it professionally for racing. This is a classic example where a hybrid bike ticks all the boxes (and to state the obvious, reduced carbon emissions) and a wise decision, since you only pay once for a bike that serves multiple purposes and hence, should be an automatic choice for you.
Once you have made a decision to opt for a hybrid bike, the choices and varieties are endless, whether you intend to purchase it online or through one of the sports/ fitness stores.
What is so Special about the Giordano RS700 Bike?
As mentioned earlier, this is a multi-purpose bike which can double up as a recreational vehicle which you can ride with your family and friends, with the aim to socialize and develop a healthy activity. Given the ‘all-in-one’ features of this bike, classy looks and affordability, it sure is an excellent investment, where you reap benefits, both in the short and long run. With the multiple traction technology, it offers you to switch modes, depending on the riding conditions.
These bikes have purpose-built flat handlebars (unlike the conventional road handlebar) with a comfortable grip and balance. The biking experience has been redefined by Giordano RS700 and the possibilities are numerous with this state of the art vehicle.
No matter which mode you choose to ride it in (flat, rough or skiddy conditions), it is guaranteed to give you a comfortable grip and seating position, at all times.
The handcrafted design is solid which consists of an aluminum frame, derailleur, and Shimano shifters (which comes with 21-speed). These, collectively, ensure that this bike provides its riders with utmost durability, high performance and reliability. Another technically exciting feature of Giordano hybrid bikes is that they come with aluminum 700c rims which helps with reduced rotational weights. This, in turn, enables the bike to efficiently and effectively accelerate, particularly on uphill rides.
Factors to Consider before buying the Giordano RS700 Bike
Everything comes at a price, and for an increased performance experience, even the hybrid bikes have various versions, to suit everyone’s budget and use. If you are a novice who has recently been introduced to biking, then it is perhaps best to opt for a beginner or basic level model, rather than choosing the sophisticated and expensive one, which will not be fit for purpose for you.
Giordano Hybrid bike has, in the recent past, adopted and enhanced their older versions and upgraded their bikes, keeping in mind the customer feedback and response and to generally improve the basics of the vehicle, i.e. performance, comfort and safety.
As a biker, your key objective when purchasing a hybrid bike is to ensure that the bike is multi-purpose that can handle different terrains in a safe and sound manner and without compromising on performance and comfort.
Before you set out or finalise your purchase, do ask yourself (or the sales person) these questions:
- Why am I purchasing this bike?
- What is my budget?
- Who is the bike designed for (with regards to a specific model or color)?
- Will I be able to adjust the height of the bike to align with my seating position?
- What are the reviewers saying about a particular model that I am interested in? What store has most variety and good customer/after-sales service?
- Should I purchase it online or though a sports store near me?
Key Features of the Giordano RS700 Bike
Handlebar (Flat Bar)
A flat handlebar substantiates the trend looks of this hybrid bike which stands out. The bar is designed to provide the rider with grip, firm balance and maximum maneuvering flexibility, which you do not normally get from conventional handlebars. Moreover, flat bars are also meant to provide aggressive positioning whilst riding, notwithstanding the road conditions or terrain.
Steel Fork and Aluminum Frame
We mentioned about the light weight of Giordano hybrid RS700 bikes and that is attributable to the aluminum frame (which is where most of the weight lies for any bike), which also adds to its durability. These bikes have a steel fork which strengthens its base and adds to the defined shape of the bike as well as ensuring a prolonging performance for longer periods.
Shimano Shifting (21-Speed)
The hybrid RS700 comes with derailleur and Shimano shifters with the aim of enhancing the performance with each gear speed increase, depending on the condition and usage. The best part about shimano shifters is that they are super easy to use and easily located next to handlebars, allowing the riders to go uphill at great speed.
Pros and Cons of the Giordano RS700 Hybrid Bike
- Suits and adapts to multiple conditions such as flat and bumpy urban roads, comfortable and padded bicycle tracks, routine commute to and from work and for those cross-country challenges or tournaments.
- It is lightweight and easy to lift which makes it easy to move around within confined parking slots, busy roads, placing it at the back or top of your car or within your home/office premises. Hence, improved flexibility and less hassle.
- Improved efficiency whilst riding due to the Derailleur and Shimano shifters.
- User friendly manual and simply designed parts make it easy to assemble or disassemble (if required) it, saving you time and money hiring a technician to do that for you.
- It is not the ideal bike for super tough and haphazard terrains. If that is what you want to use it for, then you should look for a more specific and purpose built bike.
- Although there is upfront cost-saving on this multi-purpose bike when you buy it, do expect to pay a reasonable amount of money on routine and breakdown maintenance, which is part and parcel of any equipment you would purchase.
Giordano RS700 Hybrid Bike is an attractive product and is meant to cater to a very wide audience (exception would be professional athletes and those using it on extremely rough terrains), with varying interests and budget. It has substance (thoughtful and state of the art engineering and technological advancements) as well as form (solid and trendy looks complimented by great designs and colors). Whatever your reason may be for purchasing this bike, its multi-purpose features and attractive pricing makes it an automatic choice. So, if you decide to go ahead with its purchase, it is an excellent decision that you will not regret. Enjoy the ride!