Are you looking for the bike lights that can be really helpful at the time of night riding? Then you are at the right place. This article is going to provide some important and very useful information that can help you in picking up the bike light. You will be able to get information about how to choose or the points to consider while buying a new bike light and also reviews about a few best bike lights for night riding.
Points to consider while buying a new bike light
Nowadays, the weight of the bike lights is getting lighter and their size is also getting smaller, but the light they give is getting brighter. When you are buying a bike light, it is important for you to know certain things. You cannot just buy any light for your bike. So, here are some points that you need to consider when buying best bike lights 2018…
- You need to choose the right type of bike light for your bike. When you are riding after dark, front, side and rear, all sides need to have light in order to ensure good lighting and also you will be easily visible to the other motorists. Whatever is the type that you choose, make sure that you keep the front light brighter. It is safe during night and daytime as well.
- The light performance is another important factor to consider and you should go for LED lights, Lumens and Beam Pattern lights. Choosing this kind of lights will guarantee bright light in any weather.
- You can go for rechargeable bike lights as they can be charged any number of times and can be used as much as you want. Lithium Ion Batteries are considered as the best as they are not very expensive and also environmentally friendly. Alkaline is also a good option, but when compared to Lithium Ion, these are not the best ones. You will be able to charge them using USB cords or the charging cords. You can use them for 500 times and value for money.
- Battery life is another important factor to consider when buying the best road bike lights. The more is the life, the more are the advantages of buying it.
- The mounting options are also something that you need to cover. You should be able to mount them on the front side, on the rear side, on the sides and also on the helmet if necessary.
Best mountain bike lights in 2018…
- Cygolite Dash Pro 600 Bike Light
- Blaze Laserlight – Bicycle Front Light
- Light and Motion Urban 500 Headlight
- Portland Design Works Danger Zone Tail Light
- CAT EYE – Rechargeable Headlight
#1 Best Mountain Bike Lights – Cygolite Dash Pro 600 Bike Light
One of the most powerful and best mountain bike lights is Cygolite Dash Pro 600 Bike Light. This comes with eight modes to set the light and based on the mode that you set, you will be able to use for one and a half hours to 80 hours. This is one of the best brands in the market, which is operating from 1991. You will get the best lighting both in the day and night as well.
#2 Best Bike Lights for Night Riding – Blaze Laserlight – Bicycle Front Light
You can call this front light as one of the best lights that are available in the market at present. It comes with a built in LED light with 300 Lumen. You will be able to use it happily for 13 hours when charged one time. It is easy to install and remove as well. It is not just water resistant, it is waterproof as well and hence it will have a long life.
#3 Best Bike Lights for Commuting – Light and Motion Urban 500 Headlight
You can enjoy up to 500 lumen of light with these bike lights. You also have 4 different modes to set like High, mid, low and pulse. Based on the mode you set, the lighting depends and when you set to a lower mode, you will be able to use for a longer time. It comes with waterproof and can be charged easily with a USB port. It has two years warranty. This is the best bike lights for commuting and comes with a reasonable price tag as well.
#4 Best Road Bike Lights – Portland Design Works Danger Zone Tail Light
This bike light comes with two red lights, each of which is 0.5 watts and they are LED lights. It comes with 50 hours of running time and this is definitely a pretty good time. You can easily install this tail light in just a few seconds to the beat post and you will be able to enjoy a better ride. This is suitable for all reasons as it comes with a weatherproof exterior finish and the best part of it is it comes with a lifetime warranty.
#5 Best Budget Bike Lights – CATEYE – Rechargeable Headlight
If you are looking for the best budget bike lights, the Cat Eye is the right choice for you. There are a number of options available for Cat Eye and you can choose the one that suits the requirement. This brand’s lights will have all the features that you need in a bike light and also the lighting is pretty good, but the best part is the price. They are quite affordable. That is all because they are in the industry of making bike lights for more than 50 years.
Now, based on your needs, you need to pick the right bike light for your bike. Make sure to consider the points listed above when you are buying the bike lights. This will ensure that you get the best light for your bike even if you are buying it for the first time.