A man who has not ride over a fat bike ever has definitely missed a lot in his life. Fat bikes give a special masculine look and they are never out of trend. The best example is Alton Mammoth 2.0 which is an upgrade of 7-speed simple Mammoth fat tire bike. The fat bikes have become rage and even special events are dedicated to fat bikes.
Among numerous fat bikes around the world, Alton mammoth outperforms all of them. It has become more popular in last few years because of its strong performance.
Take a look at the features of Alton mammoth, before you pick up the bike.
Frame of the bike: The fat tire bike comes with an alloy frame of size 26-inch. The frame weighs around 36 lbs. Though it is not considered as the lightest frame on the market yet it can be easily controlled and maneuvered. The sturdy and stable frame supports both light and heavy riders similarly.
Gear system: Gearing system of the bike decides how fast or slow you can travel. Alton Mammoth features Shimano Altus 7-speed shift lever which works amazingly well with Shimano Tourney 7-speed rear derailleur and a 44T alloy crank arm. It may seem gibberish but these components benefit the rider in many ways. The speed you need to ride in trails and terrains is provided by Gear system of the bike. The smooth shifters make it easy to adjust the speed and helps in making your ride more enjoyable and easy.
Brakes: Instead of Rim brakes, Alton Mammoth features Promax disc brakes. The efficient and reliable brakes perform really well even in muddy and wet areas. With these brakes, there is no risk of slipping. You can ride anywhere without even worrying. Disc brakes are perfect to control the steps of this monstrous bike.
Tires: This is the best feature of Alton mammoth bike. The 26-inch by 4-inchInnova tires of the Alton Mammoth bikes are definitely wider than tires of normal bikes. There are spider treads on the tires that provide better traction and let you blaze through dirt, snow and sand easily.
Handlebar: The handlebar of the bike is wide. It enables the rider with more comfort and control.
Alton Mammoth, the fat tire bike is perfect for people who love to spend time on beach. It easily cuts through sand and surf.
Pros of Alton Mammoth 2.0
- Alton Mammoth is an easy to ride off bike.
- The best part of the bike is that it can be customized as per your requirement and specifications.
- Fat tires are excellent in striking a balance.
- It is quite easy to shift this bike.
- The smooth and easy ride is made of sturdy material which is quite durable.
- The components of the bike are available in a medium range.
- It is available in a very nominal price.
- The properly welded bike is easy to assemble.
Cons of Alton Mammoth 2.0
- The bell of the Alton Mammoth bike is of very poor quality.
- The seat of the bike is a bit uncomfortable.
- The bike is so heavy. This monster is not easy to carry through.
- You need to slight adjustments before riding it.
On the whole, the fat tires of the bike are a great feature. It is a perfect option for those who are in love fat tire bikes. It is perfect for beach goers, mountain bikers or who love to ride on terrains. You can get the seats and bells are replaced at a nominal price and enjoy your ride with maximum features.